Total TimePrep: 15 min. Cook: 35 min. + chilling
Makes16 servings (1/4 cup each)
- 1-1/4 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 package (12 ounces) fresh or frozen cranberries
- 2 large tart apples, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- In a large saucepan, bring sugar and water to a boil over medium heat, stirring to dissolve sugar. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 3 minutes. Carefully stir in all remaining ingredients except walnuts; return to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, until mixture reaches desired thickness, 20-25 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Serve warm or cold. Stir in walnuts before serving.
Nutrition Facts1/4 cup: 149 calories, 2g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 41mg sodium, 33g carbohydrate (29g sugars, 2g fiber), 1g protein.
Nov 11, 2019
So happy that I tried this recipe, what a tasty flavor profile...served with a sausage stuffed pork loin roast and roasted vegetables. Definately a Keeper, will make again and again! Thank you.
Apr 10, 2018
I love this. I buy and freeze extra fresh cranberries in the fall so I can make this all year
Nov 27, 2017
I'm so happy I made this! What a hit it was for Thanksgiving this year! I made sure to put away a very small bowl to use as a spread on whatever I could. Definitely a must have for the next holiday dinner.
Nov 22, 2017
Made this a couple of years ago. It was amazing. Hosting again this year and it will be on my table for sure!
Nov 15, 2017
Make extra, it is delicious with any roast meat or as a topping on many things.
Nov 13, 2017
Delicous! I use a small onion so the onion flavor does not overpower the other ingredients. Great with turkey, chicken, pork loin & pork chops.
Dec 26, 2015
Just made this yesterday with my youngest granddaughter's help for our Christmas dinner! My family LOVED it! Very easy to make and it's WONDERFUL with ham.
Nov 26, 2014
This is simply delicious. It makes a lot and I thought we would have trouble with too much left over. Not so, it is good atop plain yogurt for a dessert, it is good on top of oatmeal, it is just good to eat. Love, Love, Love.
Dec 27, 2013
Oct 27, 2013
This is a new Thanksgiving tradition for our family - everyone loves it! I haven't modified the recipe at all. I don't always use the walnuts.