Cranberry Apple Cider
"I love to start this soothing cider in the slow cooker on nights before my husband goes hunting," says Jennifer Naboka of North Plainfield, New Jersey. "Then he can fill his thermos and take it with him out into the cold. The cider has a terrific fruit flavor we both enjoy." —Jennifer Naboka, North Plainfield, New Jersey
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Cook: 2 hours
Makes10 servings (about 2-1/2 quarts)
- 4 cups water
- 4 cups apple juice
- 1 can (12 ounces) frozen apple juice concentrate, thawed
- 1 medium apple, peeled and sliced
- 1 cup fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1 medium orange, peeled and sectioned
- 1 cinnamon stick
- In a 5-qt. slow cooker, combine all ingredients. Cover and cook on low for 2 hours or until cider reaches desired temperature. Discard cinnamon stick. If desired, remove fruit with a slotted spoon before serving.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 118 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 12mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate (27g sugars, 1g fiber), 0 protein.
Originally published as Cranberry Apple Cider in Country Woman March/April 2001
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.