Apple Cranberry Cider
Spiced with cinnamon sticks and cloves, this warm-you-up sipper from our Test Kitchen is sure to chase away winter's chill. Serve brimming mugs of the hot beverage with your family's favorite cookies, muffin or bread.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 4 cups apple cider or juice
- 2 cups cranberry juice
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 4 whole cloves
- 2 cinnamon sticks (3 inches)
- In a large saucepan, combine the cider, cranberry juice and brown sugar. Place cloves and cinnamon sticks on a double thickness of cheesecloth; bring up corners of cloth and tie with kitchen string to form a bag. Add to pan.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 15-20 minutes. Discard spice bag.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 166 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 23mg sodium, 42g carbohydrate (39g sugars, 0 fiber), 0 protein.
Originally published as Apple Cranberry Cider in Quick Cooking November/December 2004
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.