Citrus Apple Cider
I really enjoy this hot cider because it has a citrus tang unlike other recipes I've tried. Not only do I like the flavor combination, but I love the aroma it adds to my home. —Darlene Brenden of Salem, Oregon
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 quart unsweetened apple juice
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 cinnamon sticks (3 inches)
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1.4 teaspoons whole cloves
- Additional cinnamon sticks, optional
- In a large saucepan, combine the first eight ingredients; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 15 minutes. Strain, discarding cinnamon sticks and cloves. Serve warm; garnish with additional cinnamon sticks if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 157 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 7mg sodium, 39g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 0 protein.
Originally published as Hot Apple Cider in Light & Tasty October/November 2004