Warm Cider Cranberry Punch
I first made this at an instructional cooking camp. My kids loved it so much that, for a time, they insisted we make it every day. Serve it hot in the winter or with the ice during the summer. —Carol Gehringer, Raleigh, North Carolina
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Cook: 3 hours
Makes20 servings (3/4 cup each)
- 1 bottle (64 ounces) cranberry juice
- 6 cups apple cider or juice
- 2 cans (12 ounces each) frozen lemonade concentrate, thawed
- 1 medium lemon, cut into wedges
- 4 cinnamon sticks (3 inches)
- 2 teaspoons whole cloves
- 1 teaspoon whole allspice
- Cranberries and lemon peel strips, optional
- In a 6-qt. slow cooker, combine cranberry juice, apple cider, lemonade concentrate and lemon. Place cinnamon sticks, cloves and allspice on a double thickness of cheesecloth. Gather corners of cloth to enclose seasonings; tie securely with string. Place in slow cooker. Cook, covered, on low 3-4 hours or until heated through. Discard spice bag and lemon. If desired, garnish with cinnamon stick, cranberries and lemon peel.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 83 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 10mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (20g sugars, 0 fiber), 0 protein.
Originally published as CRANBERRY PUNCH in Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook 2016