Total TimePrep: 20 min. Cook: 3 hours
Makes13 servings (2-1/2 quarts)
- 8 cups unsweetened apple juice
- 1 can (12 ounces) ginger ale
- 1/2 cup dried apricots, halved
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 2 cinnamon sticks (3 inches)
- 1 tablespoon whole allspice
- 1 tablespoon whole cloves
- In a 5-qt. slow cooker, combine apple juice and ginger ale. Place the apricots, cranberries, cinnamon sticks, allspice and cloves on a double thickness of cheesecloth; bring up corners of cloth and tie with string to form a bag. Place in slow cooker; cover.
- Cook on high until heated through, 3-4 hours. Discard spice bag.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 79 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 8mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (17g sugars, 0 fiber), 0 protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 fruit.
Dec 8, 2019
Delicious. Served this for my bookclub of 10 members who enjoyed it so much that I had to make another batch on the spot. I left the fruit in the pan to serve with the juice mix and put just the spices in a large tea ball strainer.
Jul 10, 2014
Easy to cook . Loved it !!!