Cinnamon Orange Cider
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 4 cups apple cider or juice
- 2 cups orange juice
- 3 tablespoons red-hot candies
- 1-1/2 teaspoons whole allspice
- 4-1/2 teaspoons honey
- In a large saucepan, combine the cider, juice and candies. Place the allspice on a double thickness of cheesecloth; bring up corners of cloth and tie with string to form a bag. Add to pan. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5 minutes or until flavors are blended.
- Discard spice bag; stir in honey. Transfer to a 3-qt. slow cooker; keep warm over low heat.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 161 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 17mg sodium, 40g carbohydrate (34g sugars, 0 fiber), 0 protein.
Nov 5, 2010
We've served this at our church's big fundraiser each Christmas for the past four years and it's a huge hit! We make enough for 300 people and we rarely have leftovers.
Oct 31, 2009
A refreshing twist to the winter apple cider. My husband and I both deided that we like the recipe very much. The orange juice takes a little of the bite away from the cider. Have made it three times since the recipe was published. Also haveshared this recipe with my famiy members. I use a tea ball for the whole all spice instead of the cheese cloth. This way I can wash it and reuse it. It is easily found with in the saucepan.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.