Apricot Apple Compote
Total TimePrep: 5 min. + soaking Cook: 25 min.
- 10 dried apricots, halved and sliced
- 1/2 cup water
- 4 medium apples, peeled and sliced
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- In a bowl, soak apricots in water for 30 minutes. Drain, reserving 3 tablespoons water. In a saucepan, combine the apricots, apples, sugar and reserved water; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20 minutes or until apples are tender. Remove from the heat. Stir in lemon juice, peel and cinnamon. Serve warm or cold.
Nutrition Facts2/3 cup: 142 calories, 1g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 1mg sodium, 37g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 4g fiber), 1g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2-1/2 fruit.
Sep 10, 2013
I have been making this recipe for years. It's also amazing on toast, as the healthiest "preserves" you've ever had! A real keeper!
Mar 16, 2011
I had this recipe and lost it, so glad to have found it on the site. We love it! Sometimes I add 2 peaches along with 2 apples, and also a few prunes. It satisfies my sweet cravings, and I usually add a dollop of cool whip. Guilt free desert!