Hot Spice Fruit Compote
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 1 can (20 ounces) pineapple chunks, drained
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) sliced peaches, drained
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) apricot halves, drained
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) pear halves, drained
- 1/4 cup maraschino cherries
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 4 whole cloves
- 1/8 teaspoon ground mace
- Dash salt
- In a 2-1/2-qt. baking dish, combine the pineapple, peaches, apricots, pears and cherries; set aside. In a small saucepan, combine the remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil over medium heat; pour over fruit. Bake uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until bubbly. Discard cloves. Serve warm.
Feb 19, 2015
I enjoyed the hint of spices in this fruit side dish. My husband enjoyed it too.
Jan 15, 2012
This recipe is also great for breakfast/brunch on a cold winter day when fresh fruit is not in season!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.