Quick Fruit Medley
Total TimePrep: 10 min. + chilling
- 1 can (20 ounces) pineapple chunks, undrained
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained or 2 medium navel oranges, peeled and chopped
- 1 large red apple, cubed
- 1 cup sliced fresh strawberries
- 1 cup halved seedless red grapes
- 3 kiwifruit, peeled and sliced
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1 cup fresh or canned pitted dark sweet cherries
- 2 medium firm bananas, sliced
- In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients; cover and refrigerate overnight. Just before serving, fold in the blueberries, cherries and bananas; gently toss.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 99 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 7mg sodium, 26g carbohydrate (20g sugars, 2g fiber), 1g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 fruit, 1/2 starch.
Nov 26, 2011
I love how quick this recipe is! It's easy enough to substitute whatever fruits you like or have on hand. I also love that the canned fruit juices serve as a sauce without adding extra calories.
Jun 13, 2010
This recipe is requested by my kids at every party and is always gone whether I am serving to adults or kids. I make at least a double batch each time. I do substitute frozen or fresh raspberries or blackberries for the blueberries as my kids don't like blueberries.
Dec 10, 2007
ACCOMPANIMENT: A FRUIT SAUCE:1 PKG.VANILLA INSTANT PUDDING, SUGAR FREE; 3 CUPS MILK OR FRUIT JUICE. MIX WELL AND SERVE ALONG SIDE FRUIT SALAD. HELEN,12/2007
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.