Fruit Compote With Brie
What a special, versatile recipe! “I stir leftover compote into yogurt or serve it over cheesecake, ice cream, blintzes and crepes.” Clara Coulston - Washington Court House, OH
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 round (8 ounces) Brie cheese
- 2/3 cup golden raisins and cherries
- 1/3 cup unsweetened apple juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon cherry preserves
- Assorted crackers
- Place cheese on an ungreased oven-proof serving plate. Bake at 400° until cheese is softened, 8-10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine the golden raisins and cherries, apple juice and vanilla; bring to a boil. Remove from the heat; stir in preserves. Spoon over cheese. Serve with crackers.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 140 calories, 8g fat (5g saturated fat), 28mg cholesterol, 179mg sodium, 11g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 1g fiber), 6g protein.
Originally published as Golden and Cherries compote with Brie in Simple & Delicious November/December 2009
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.