Brie with Apricot Topping
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1/2 cup chopped dried apricots
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- Dash salt
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon minced fresh rosemary or 1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1 round Brie cheese (8 ounces)
- Assorted crackers
- Preheat oven to 400°. In a small saucepan, combine first five ingredients; bring to a boil. Cook and stir over medium heat until slightly thickened. Remove from heat; stir in rosemary.
- Trim rind from top of cheese. Place cheese in an ungreased ovenproof serving dish. Spoon apricot mixture over cheese. Bake, uncovered, until cheese is softened, 10-12 minutes. Serve warm with crackers.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 129 calories, 8g fat (5g saturated fat), 28mg cholesterol, 204mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 1g fiber), 6g protein.
Jul 17, 2014
OMG! I made this with a fresh peach diced and 1 tablespoon of water. Everything else was the same. It was amazing!
Jun 28, 2014
This was fabulous and so easy. Guests loved it! I did forget to add rosemary.
Oct 30, 2013
Looks & tastes so delicious! The cheese melting and creamy with the sweetness & tartness of the apricots & balsamic...And it couldn't be easier to make.
May 25, 2013
Delicious! A very tasty and easy to make appetizer which I served w/ Ritz and Club crackers. Don't think it would serve 6-8 people b/c it's so good that four of us gobbled it up in no time!. A keeper!
Mar 31, 2013
I left out the rosemary. Delicious!
Jan 10, 2013
Best brie appetizer I have ever made and I have tried lots! Made it twice already and both times HUGE hit.
Dec 9, 2012
I'm making this recipe again today, for a Christmas party, because it was such a hit last time I made it. A pretty and delicious appetizer. Thank you!
Apr 28, 2012
This is so very easy and looks like someone professional prepared it once ready. A big hit in this house and neighborhood for sure. Fantastic, tasty and uncomplicated. This should be in everyone recipe book.
Dec 5, 2010
I have made this recipe several times and my husband loves it. It is very easy to put together and makes a lovely presentation. Everyone should definitely try it!
Dec 27, 2009
Delicious. I have already made it twice (Thanksgiving and Christmas appetizer).