Slow Cooker Fruit Compote
I use canned goods and my slow cooker to whip up an old-fashioned treat that’s loaded with sweet fruits. It makes a cozy dessert or even a change-of-pace side dish for large parties. —Mary Ann Jonns, Midlothian, Illinois
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Cook: 2 hours
- 2 cans (29 ounces each) sliced peaches, drained
- 2 cans (29 ounces each) pear halves, drained and sliced
- 1 can (20 ounces) pineapple chunks, drained
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) apricot halves, drained and sliced
- 1 can (21 ounces) cherry pie filling
- In a 5-qt. slow cooker, combine the peaches, pears, pineapple and apricots. Top with pie filling. Cover and cook on high for 2 hours or until heated through. Serve with a slotted spoon.
Nutrition Facts1/2 cup: 190 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 18mg sodium, 48g carbohydrate (34g sugars, 3g fiber), 1g protein.
Originally published as Warm Fruit Compote in Quick Cooking November/December 2003
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.