Hot Spiced Apple Juice
This delicious spiced apple cocktail is a must for winter parties. It's a winning alternative to an alcoholic punch. Keep it warm in a slow cooker and it'll keep everyone cozy and happy. —Susan Adams, Victoria, British Columbia
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Cook: 3 hours
Makes22 servings (3/4 cup each)
- 2 bottles (64 ounces each) unsweetened apple juice
- 20 cinnamon sticks (3 inches)
- 1/3 cup whole cloves
- 2 medium lemons
- In a 5- or 6-qt. slow cooker combine apple juice and cinnamon sticks. Place cloves on a double thickness of cheesecloth or a coffee filter. Gather corners of cloth to enclose cloves; tie securely with string. Add to slow cooker.
- Using a citrus zester, remove zest from lemons in long narrow strips. Cut lemons crosswise in half; squeeze juice from lemons. Stir zest and juice into slow cooker.
- Cook, covered, on low until heated through, 3-4 hours.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 85 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 7mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (17g sugars, 1g fiber), 0 protein.
Originally published as Hot Spiced Apple Juice in Taste of Home Christmas Annual 2019
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.