Pressure Cooker Winter Fruit Compote
Total TimeTakes: 20 min.
- 1 package (12 ounces) fresh or 3 cups frozen cranberries
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup thawed orange juice concentrate
- 2 tablespoons raspberry vinegar
- 1/2 cup chopped dried apricots
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- In a 6-qt. electric pressure cooker, combine cranberries, brown sugar, orange juice concentrate and vinegar. Lock lid; make sure vent is closed. Select manual setting; adjust pressure to high, and set time for 3 minutes. When finished cooking, allow pressure to naturally release for 5 minutes, then quick-release any remaining pressure according to manufacturer's directions.
- Stir in apricots, raisins and walnuts. Refrigerate leftovers.
Test Kitchen tips
Nutrition Facts1/4 cup: 161 calories, 4g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 12mg sodium, 32g carbohydrate (28g sugars, 3g fiber), 2g protein.
Sep 17, 2019
I prepared this compote recently and thought it was excellent. It is great with waffles or pancakes. as well as any chicken or turkey dish. I love using the pressure cooker for this.
Jan 29, 2019
Delicious combination of flavors, and done fast! I left out the walnuts (just my preference) but otherwise followed the recipe exactly. It was a great accompaniment to our roast chicken breast. I had some left over, so I took the suggestion and served it over French Toast for breakfast, and it was a hit!
Mar 26, 2018
Love those berriers-also love fruits looks yummy-will try to get it from someplace-lovely recipe-thanks a lot-something like a berry milkshake with or without icecream will may my day-could have it with turkey or any other preferable item.