Pressure Cooker Winter Fruit Compote
Total TimeTakes: 20 min.
- 1 package (12 ounces) fresh or 3 cups frozen cranberries
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup thawed orange juice concentrate
- 2 tablespoons raspberry vinegar
- 1/2 cup chopped dried apricots
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- In a 6-qt. electric pressure cooker, combine cranberries, brown sugar, orange juice concentrate and vinegar. Lock lid; make sure vent is closed. Select manual setting; adjust pressure to high, and set time for 3 minutes. When finished cooking, allow pressure to naturally release for 5 minutes, then quick-release any remaining pressure according to manufacturer's directions.
- Stir in apricots, raisins and walnuts. Refrigerate leftovers.
Test Kitchen tips
Nutrition Facts1/4 cup: 161 calories, 4g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 12mg sodium, 32g carbohydrate (28g sugars, 3g fiber), 2g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jan 29, 2019
Delicious combination of flavors, and done fast! I left out the walnuts (just my preference) but otherwise followed the recipe exactly. It was a great accompaniment to our roast chicken breast. I had some left over, so I took the suggestion and served it over French Toast for breakfast, and it was a hit!
Mar 26, 2018
Love those berriers-also love fruits looks yummy-will try to get it from someplace-lovely recipe-thanks a lot-something like a berry milkshake with or without icecream will may my day-could have it with turkey or any other preferable item.