Home-for-Christmas Fruit Bake
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 45 min.
- 1 medium apple, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 can (20 ounces) pineapple chunks
- 1 can (29 ounces) peach halves, drained
- 1 can (29 ounces) pear halves, drained
- 1 jar (6 to 8 ounces) maraschino cherries
- 1/2 cup pecan halves
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 325°. Toss apple slices with lemon juice. Arrange in a greased 2-1/2-qt. baking dish. Drain pineapple, reserving 1/4 cup juice. Combine pineapple, peaches and pears; spoon over apples. Top with cherries and pecans; set aside.
- In a small saucepan, combine brown sugar, butter, cinnamon and reserved pineapple juice. Cook and stir over low heat until sugar is dissolved and butter is melted. Pour over fruit. Bake, uncovered, until apples are tender, about 45 minutes. Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 220 calories, 4g fat (1g saturated fat), 3mg cholesterol, 21mg sodium, 49g carbohydrate (44g sugars, 3g fiber), 1g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jan 13, 2018
What a wonderful comfort food! Warm and sweet and oh, so good! This is wonderful for the cold winter mornings or nights!
Dec 12, 2017
This is definitely a keeper!
Jan 3, 2012
This was wonderful! It is one of those dishes that absolutely warms your soul. This was the perfect addition to our dinner on this cold, snowy night! Yummy!
Oct 13, 2011
Took this to a potluck and received rave reviews. Only change I would make would be to add a little corn starch to the syrup to make it a little thicker.
Dec 19, 2010
I make this every year for Christmas. My family loves it!
Dec 23, 2009
Excellent, only next time I'm using pineapple tidbits and cutting up the fruit to make it easily to eat.