Fruited Pot Roast
This is a wonderful variation of classic pot roast. My family really enjoys it. The fruit is a nice change from the usual vegetables that normally accompany this dish.—Linda South, Pineville, North Carolina
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Cook: 6 hours
- 1 package (7 ounces) mixed dried fruit
- 1 large onion, cut into wedges
- 1 can (5-1/2 ounces) unsweetened apple juice
- 1 boneless beef chuck roast (2 pounds)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Place fruit and onion in a 3- or 4-qt. slow cooker; add apple juice. Top with roast; sprinkle with seasonings.
- Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or until meat is tender. Serve beef with fruit mixture.
Nutrition Facts4 ounces cooked beef with 1/2 cup fruit mixture: 359 calories, 15g fat (6g saturated fat), 98mg cholesterol, 266mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 3g fiber), 31g protein.
Originally published as Pantry Pot Roast in Taste of Home Everyday Slow Cooker & One Dish Recipes 2009
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.