Marinated Pot Roast
Total TimePrep: 10 min. + marinating Cook: 8 hours
- 1 cup dry white wine or beef broth
- 1/3 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 whole cloves
- 1 beef top round roast (4 pounds)
- 5 teaspoons cornstarch
- 5 teaspoons cold water
- In a gallon-size resealable plastic bag, combine the first eight ingredients. Cut roast in half; add to marinade. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate overnight.
- Place roast and marinade in a 5-qt. slow cooker. Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours or until meat is tender. Remove roast to a serving platter and keep warm. Pour cooking juices into a 2-cup measuring cup; discard whole cloves
- In a saucepan, combine cornstarch and cold water until smooth; stir in 1-1/2 cups cooking juices. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve with the roast.
Nutrition Facts3 ounce-weight: 174 calories, 6g fat (2g saturated fat), 59mg cholesterol, 255mg sodium, 3g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 1g fiber), 25g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat.
Jan 4, 2016
Wonderful recipe! The flavors worked so well together with the roast. Very moist and tender. Definitely a keeper.
Jun 1, 2015
This recipe offers a great alternative to my usual slow cooker beef roast. The gravy is delicious. It's a nice, easy recipe that tastes great!
Jan 24, 2011
This recipe was very easy and very good! Loved the gravy and will definitely make again
Nov 7, 2010
This was delish and so very easy. I loved the gravey and 2 tablespoons was plenty...Thank you Marijane for sharing...