Favorite Beef Roast Dinner
This is our family's favorite slow-cooked beef roast. My two children love it and always want seconds. I love putting together new flavor combinations in the kitchen. —Sheryl Padilla, Peyton, Colorado
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Cook: 6 hours
- 4 medium potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 1/2 pound fresh baby carrots
- 1 boneless beef chuck roast (3 to 4 pounds)
- 4-1/2 teaspoons dried minced onion
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon celery seed
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- Place the potatoes, carrots and roast in a 6-qt. slow cooker. Sprinkle with remaining ingredients. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or until meat and vegetables are tender.
- Skim fat from cooking juices; serve with roast and vegetables.
Nutrition Facts5 ounces cooked beef with 3/4 cup vegetables and 3 tablespoons cooking juices: 368 calories, 16g fat (6g saturated fat), 111mg cholesterol, 342mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 35g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 5 lean meat, 1 starch.
Originally published as Roast to Die For in Taste of Home Everyday Slow Cooker & One Dish Recipes 2019
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.