Fruited Pork Chops
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Cook: 4-1/4 hours
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 6 boneless pork loin chops (5 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 can (20 ounces) unsweetened pineapple chunks
- 3/4 cup unsweetened pineapple juice
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons dried minced onion
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1/4 cup raisins
- Combine flour, oregano, salt, garlic powder and pepper in a shallow dish; coat chops, one at a time. In a nonstick skillet, brown the chops in olive oil on both sides. Transfer to a 5-qt. slow cooker.
- Drain pineapple, reserving juice; set pineapple aside. In a bowl, combine the 3/4 cup pineapple juice with reserved pineapple juice. Stir in the water, brown sugar, onion and tomato paste; pour over chops. Sprinkle with raisins.
- Cover and cook on low until meat is tender, 4-5 hours. Stir in reserved pineapple. Cover and cook 15 minutes longer or until heated through.
Nutrition Facts1 pork chop: 366 calories, 12g fat (4g saturated fat), 79mg cholesterol, 353mg sodium, 31g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 2g fiber), 32g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 2 fruit.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Nov 10, 2012
This was very good and easy. The entire family enjoyed it! I did replace the raisins with craisins because we prefer them.
Oct 4, 2011
Brown sugar, pineapple juice and raisins? You call this diabetic friendly? I am diabetic and my blood sugar would spike dangerously if I ate this!
Jan 12, 2009
One of my favorite recipes for chops. I would served to guests for an elegant meal without hesitation. We really enjoyed it.
Jun 25, 2008
I didn't really like this recipe. I thought that it lacked flavor. I salvaged this by making the Savory Beer Porkchops recipe.
Dec 18, 2007
A really flavorful dish - unique flavors that really compliment each other and a fantastic make-ahead dinner.