Baked Apple Surprise
This sweet-savory recipe is a favorite. Use Brie instead of blue cheese if you like things creamier. My tip? Bake the apples in a muffin tin so they won’t roll around. —Jessica Levinson, Nyack, New York
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 35 min.
- 2 medium apples
- 2 tablespoons crumbled blue cheese, divided
- 2 tablespoons quick-cooking oats
- 2 tablespoons bran flakes
- 1 tablespoon golden raisins
- 1 tablespoon raisins
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- Cut apples in half lengthwise; remove cores. Place in an ungreased 8-in. square baking dish. Place 1 teaspoon of blue cheese into each half.
- In a small bowl, combine the oats, bran flakes, golden raisins, raisins and brown sugar; spoon into apples. Top with remaining cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 350° until tender, 35-40 minutes.