Pressure-Cooker Rhubarb Compote with Yogurt
My grandma Dot made rhubarb compote and always had some in the freezer when I came to visit. This breakfast is a tribute to her. No two batches of rhubarb are exactly alike, so make sure to taste your compote before you chill it. It should be tart, but sometimes it needs a little extra sugar. —Michael Hoffman, Brooklyn, New York
Total TimePrep: 10 min. + chilling Cook: 5 min. + releasing
- 2 cups finely chopped fresh rhubarb
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3 cups reduced-fat plain Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 3/4 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- Place rhubarb, water and sugar in a 6-qt. electric pressure cooker. Lock lid; close pressure-release valve. Adjust to pressure-cook on high 3 minutes. Let pressure release naturally for 10 minutes; quick-release any remaining pressure. Transfer to a bowl; cool slightly. Refrigerate until cold.
- In a small bowl, whisk yogurt and honey until blended. Spoon into serving dishes. Top with compote; sprinkle with almonds.