Pressure-Cooker Red Clam Sauce
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Cook: 5 min.
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cans (6-1/2 ounces each) chopped clams, undrained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 6 ounces linguine, cooked and drained
- Select saute setting on a 6-qt. electric pressure cooker and adjust for medium heat. Add oil. When oil is hot, add onion; saute until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Press cancel.
- Stir in the next 8 ingredients. Lock lid; close pressure-release vale. Adjust to pressure-cook on high for 3 minutes. Allow pressure to naturally release for 5 minutes, then quick-release any remaining pressure. Discard bay leaf. Serve with linguine.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 217 calories, 5g fat (0 saturated fat), 33mg cholesterol, 665mg sodium, 32g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 4g fiber), 14g protein. Diabetic exchanges: 2 starch, 2 lean meat, 1/2 fat.
Apr 4, 2019
This sauce is an absolute winner!!! Quickly made in my beloved Instant Pot with ingredients that I keep stocked in my pantry. It's one of my "go to" recipes when I need to get dinner in a hurry. Served over whole wheat linguine or spaghetti along with a salad and garlic bread, it's simple and delicious - a dinner requested often by my family.
Feb 15, 2019
The thyme in this recipe ruins it, it totally overpowers the sauce.