Pressure Cooker Red Clam Sauce
This recipe tastes like it's been slaved over all day. What a great way to jazz up pasta sauce! —JoAnn Brown, LaTrobe, Pennsylvania
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Cook: 5 min. + releasing
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cans (6-1/2 ounces each) chopped clams, undrained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 6 ounces hot cooked linguine, drained
- Select saute setting on a 6-qt. electric pressure cooker and adjust for high heat. Add oil. When hot, add onion; saute until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer.
- Stir in next eight ingredients. Lock lid; make sure vent is closed. Select manual setting; adjust pressure to high and set time for 3 minutes. When finished cooking, allow pressure to naturally release for 5 minutes, then quick-release any remaining pressure according to manufacturer's directions. Discard bay leaf. Serve with linguine.
Originally published as Red Clam Sauce in Cook It Fast, Cook It Slow
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.