Pressure-Cooker Red Clam Sauce
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Cook: 5 min. + releasing
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cans (6-1/2 ounces each) chopped clams, undrained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 6 ounces linguine, cooked and drained
- Select saute setting on a 6-qt. electric pressure cooker and adjust for medium heat. Add oil. When oil is hot, add onion; saute until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Press cancel.
- Stir in the next 8 ingredients. Lock lid; close pressure-release vale. Adjust to pressure-cook on high for 3 minutes. Allow pressure to naturally release for 5 minutes, then quick-release any remaining pressure. Discard bay leaf. Serve with linguine.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 302 calories, 5g fat (0 saturated fat), 33mg cholesterol, 667mg sodium, 50g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 5g fiber), 17g protein.
Apr 4, 2019
This sauce is an absolute winner!!! Quickly made in my beloved Instant Pot with ingredients that I keep stocked in my pantry. It's one of my "go to" recipes when I need to get dinner in a hurry. Served over whole wheat linguine or spaghetti along with a salad and garlic bread, it's simple and delicious - a dinner requested often by my family.
Feb 15, 2019
The thyme in this recipe ruins it, it totally overpowers the sauce.