Pasta with White Clam Sauce
Garlic and oregano enhance the seafood flavor of this delicious main dish. "An Italian friend of my mom's passed on the recipe to her, and I began preparing it when I was 14," writes Kelli Soike of Tallahassee, Florida. "For convenience, it can be made in advance...and leftovers are just as good."
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 12 ounces uncooked linguine
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 can (2 ounces) anchovies, undrained
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 bottle (8 ounces) clam juice
- 1 can (6-1/2 ounces) minced clams, undrained
- 1/3 cup water
- 2 tablespoons dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 5 tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions. In a saucepan, saute garlic and anchovies in oil for 3 minutes, breaking up anchovies. Stir in the clam juice, clams, water, oregano, parsley, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 15 minutes or until sauce is reduced by half. Drain pasta; toss with clam sauce. Sprinkle with Parmesan.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 379 calories, 13g fat (2g saturated fat), 19mg cholesterol, 874mg sodium, 50g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 4g fiber), 16g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 starch, 2 fat, 1 lean meat.
Jun 3, 2015
Delicious recipe! I added a touch more garlic and used frozen chopped clams because I had them to use up. Loved the oregano. I would double the sauce recipe, though if I wanted to serve five.
Jan 21, 2013
My husband request this dish frequently.