Creamy Clam Linguine
This is a fast but special entree that I made up when my sons were home from touring. They loved it so much that they request it whenever they're home. You can use the juice from the canned clams, but bottled clam juice gives a better flavor to this dish.—Margie Clevenger, Bowling Green, Kentucky
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Cook: 25 min.
- 1 pound linguine
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup clam juice
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3 cans (6-1/2 ounces each) minced clams, drained
- 1/2 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon chipotle hot pepper sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook linguine according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, saute onion in butter and oil. Add garlic; saute for 1-2 minutes longer. Stir in flour until blended; gradually add the broth, clam juice and cream. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Add the clams and seasonings; cook and stir for 2-3 minutes or until heated through. Drain linguine. Add pasta and cheese to sauce; toss to coat.