White Sauce Lasagna
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 30 min. + standing
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 cup finely chopped celery
- 1 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 cup half-and-half cream
- 3 ounces cream cheese, cubed
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 7 ounces shredded Gouda cheese
- 2 cups 4% cottage cheese
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 8 ounces lasagna noodles, cooked and drained
- 12 ounces sliced or 3 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Minced fresh parsley
- In a large skillet, cook the beef, celery and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink. Add garlic. Cook for 1 minute or until garlic is tender; drain. Stir in the cream, cream cheese, basil, oregano, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper; cook and stir over low heat until blended.
- Gradually add cheddar and Gouda cheeses, stirring until cheese is melted; remove from heat. Combine cottage cheese and egg; set aside.
- Layer half of the lasagna noodles in a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Top with half of the meat sauce, half of the cottage cheese mixture and half of the mozzarella cheese. Repeat layers with remaining ingredients.
- Bake at 375°, uncovered, for 30-35 minutes. Sprinkle with parsley. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 329 calories, 19g fat (12g saturated fat), 87mg cholesterol, 526mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 1g fiber), 24g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Mar 6, 2013
This lasagna is delicious! Although I omit the Gouda cheese whenever I make it, the sauce is still wonderfully cheesy. One of my family's favorite ways to enjoy ground beef!
Feb 3, 2010
This was delicious and easy but next time I think I would try to decrease at least some of the cheese and other fat because it was incredibly rich. Nice for a crowd though--tasty and filling and little goes a long way.
Jul 24, 2009
If you add the 1 lb. of Italian sausage - add and additional cup of cottage cheese and mozzarella and make 3 layers.
Jul 24, 2009
If you like meat I added 1 lb. of Italian sausage to recipe. Also, added 8 - 10 oz. of fresh sliced mushrooms. Delicious.