Pressure Cooker Lemon Red Potatoes
Butter, lemon juice, parsley and chives enhance this simple side dish. I usually prepare these potatoes when I'm having company. Since they cook in the pressure cooker, there's plenty of room on the stove for other dishes. —Tara Branham, Austin, Texas
Total TimeTakes: 20 min.
- 1-1/2 pounds medium red potatoes
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon minced chives
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cut a strip of peel around the middle of each potato. Place potatoes and water in a 6-qt. electric pressure cooker. Lock lid; make sure vent is closed. Select manual setting; adjust pressure to high and set time for 12 minutes. When finished cooking, quick-release pressure according to manufacturer's directions. Drain any cooking liquid; return potatoes to pressure cooker.
- In a small bowl, combine butter, parsley, lemon juice and chives. Pour over potatoes; toss to coat. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
Test Kitchen tips
Originally published as Lemon Red Potatoes in Cook It Fast, Cook It Slow
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.