Pressure-Cooker Lemon Red Potatoes
Butter, lemon juice, parsley and chives enhance this simple side dish. I usually prepare these potatoes when I'm having company. Since they cook in the pressure cooker, there's plenty of room on the stove for other dishes. —Tara Branham, Austin, Texas
- 1-1/2 pounds medium red potatoes
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon minced chives
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1. Cut a strip of peel around the middle of each potato. Place potatoes and 1/4 cup water in a 6-qt. electric pressure cooker. Lock lid; close pressure-release valve. Adjust to pressure-cook on high for 12 minutes. Quick-release pressure. Drain any cooking liquid; return potatoes to pressure cooker.
- 2. In a small bowl, combine butter, parsley, lemon juice and chives. Pour over potatoes; toss to coat. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
1 serving: 150 calories, 8g fat (5g saturated fat), 20mg cholesterol, 85mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 2g fiber), 2g protein.
Jan 15, 2020This is a good basic recipe to add whatever herbs and/or spices you like. This time I used ancho chili powder and smoked paprika. Taco seasoning, with or without more heat, is another good option, as is powdered Chinese 5-spice mix. For lemon and parsley potatoes, I like to add a generous quantity of white pepper. Tip: use more lemon juice than the basic recipe calls for.
Apr 14, 2019This recipe looked better than it was. The taste was kind of bla and mild. I like a big flavor of lemon when i cook with lemons. Cooing the potatoes in the pressure cooker worked out well.
Mar 26, 2019How can I adapt this to a regular pressure cooker. Some of us don't have a One Pot.
© 2020 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC