Lemon-Butter New Potatoes
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 12 small red potatoes
- 1/3 cup butter, cubed
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- Peel a strip from around each potato. Place potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 15-20 minutes or just until tender.
- Meanwhile, in small saucepan, melt butter. Stir in the lemon juice, salt, lemon peel, pepper and nutmeg. Drain potatoes and place in a serving bowl. Pour butter mixture over potatoes; toss gently to coat. Sprinkle with parsley.
Nutrition Facts3 each: 238 calories, 15g fat (10g saturated fat), 40mg cholesterol, 707mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 3g fiber), 3g protein.
Aug 10, 2015
Very good side dish. I served this with the tuna steaks in the same issue.
Mar 21, 2013
Am anxious to try this - love lemon. Suggest roasting potatoes & sauce in oven instead of boiling and adding sauce.
Mar 21, 2013
Thought this was easy although it did take me longer than 20 minutes to get everything washed, peeled and put together, actually took me 35 minutes. Since I tend to clean as I go, I'm slow sometimes. I did not use that much butter. I used 2T of marg and 2T of olive oil. I did add a tbs of rosemary because I thought it needed a little extra.
Jan 30, 2013
Easy to make and a great sauce.
Oct 31, 2012
I would cut lemon to 1 tbls but will try again!
Jun 30, 2012
The lemon was way too over powering in this. I would probably leave most of it out if i were to try this again.
Aug 30, 2011
YUMMY! I did have to use dried parsley instead of fresh, and dried grated orange peel instead of lemon. I would say the prep is more than 5 minutes though, when you consider the time it takes to peel the strip off the potatoes and mix up the spices.
Aug 3, 2010
Very tasty. Loved the spices and lemon. Easy to make.
Dec 5, 2009
This is one of my favorite potato recipes. They are sooo good.
Jul 19, 2009
we really loved these potatoes! I'll make this recipe a lot.