Golden Greek Lemon Potatoes
This recipe was inspired by a tiny Greek restaurant we used to go to during grad school. To make the potatoes extra delicious, use a high-quality olive oil and a nice kosher or sea salt. —Karol Chandler-Ezell, Nacogdoches, Texas
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1-1/4 pounds baby Yukon Gold potatoes
- 1/4 cup water
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh chives or 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Greek seasoning
- 1 to 1-1/2 teaspoons grated lemon zest
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 to 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- In a small skillet, heat oil and butter over medium heat. Add onion; cook and stir 1-2 minutes or until softened. Reduce heat to medium-low; cook until deep golden brown, 12-15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, place potatoes and water in a large microwave-safe dish. Microwave, covered, on high until tender, 6-8 minutes.
- Add chives, Greek seasoning, lemon zest, garlic, pepper and salt to onion mixture; cook and stir 1 minute longer. Drain potatoes; add onion mixture. Flatten potatoes with a fork, tossing them to coat with onion mixture. Add lemon juice and parsley; toss to combine.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested in a 1,100-watt microwave.
Originally published as Golden Greek Baby Potatoes in Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook 2014
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.