Lemon Vinaigrette Potato Salad
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Cook: 15 min.
Makes12 servings (3/4 cup each)
- 3 pounds red potatoes, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- Place potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes or until tender. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, whisk the oil, lemon juice, herbs, vinegar, lemon peel, salt and pepper.
- Drain potatoes. Place in a large bowl; add onion. Drizzle with vinaigrette; toss to coat. Serve warm or chill until serving.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 165 calories, 9g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 155mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 2g fiber), 2g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 fat, 1 starch.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
May 23, 2017
Refreshing twist on potato salad. Made it as written and loved it. Next time I will add celery and some chopped red or orange pepper for more crunch. Thank you for a good recipe.
Jun 26, 2015
This sounds like what I was looking for! A friend of mine makes a delicious potato salad with green beans, olive oil and such but WILL NOT GIVE ME THE RECIPE! Lol, it's become a bit of a joke. This sounds wonderful.
Nov 20, 2014
Jun 18, 2014
By FAR the best potato salad I've ever had!
Apr 29, 2014
Made exactly as called for. Served warm, nothing to write home about; it tasted as if there was too much oil in the dressing. However, served cold, it was surprisingly good. Will probably make again and just serve it cold.
Oct 8, 2013
Super easy to make and very light tasting. Used fresh basil but dried parsley. Definitely will do again.
Jul 28, 2013
ok, nothing special.
Jul 16, 2013
Excellent! Very fresh tasting.
Jul 1, 2013
Used balsamic vinegar, no fresh basil or parsley, just the cheesy dried parsley flakes, and it still was excellent. I really liked the piquant flavor of the oil/vinegar/lemon juice mixture. It enhanced the potato flavor instead of masking or overwhelming it. Can't wait to taste it tomorrow after it seasons overnight in the fridge!
Jul 1, 2013
This was delicious. I mixed it up a bit by adding fresh green beans - cut in bite sized pieces - just as the potato water started boiling. Both were done in about 8 - 10 minutes. Also, used minced shallot instead of onion for a milder taste. The dish was colorful and delicious. Thanks for the recipe.