Dill Pickle Potato Salad
More Pickle Recipes
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + chilling Bake: 20 min. + cooling
- 3 pounds potatoes (about 8 medium)
- 6 hard-boiled large eggs, chopped
- 3 celery ribs, chopped
- 6 green onions, chopped
- 2 medium dill pickles, finely chopped
- 1-1/2 cups mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup dill pickle juice
- 4-1/2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 1 teaspoon celery seed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Leaf lettuce, optional
- Place potatoes in a Dutch oven or large kettle and cover with water; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20-30 minutes or until tender. Drain and cool.
- Peel and cube potatoes; place in a large bowl. Add the eggs, celery, onions and pickles.
- In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, pickle juice, mustard, celery seed, salt and pepper. Pour over potato mixture; mix well. Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours. Serve in a lettuce-lined bowl if desired.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 415 calories, 30g fat (5g saturated fat), 139mg cholesterol, 677mg sodium, 30g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 3g fiber), 7g protein.
Aug 20, 2015
The potato salad tasted ok but I think it was more work than what it was worth. I think store boughten potato salad has better flavor. I will probably check out another recipe in the future.
Jun 14, 2014
This is the best potato salad I ever made, and it is easy to prepare. We all love dill pickles, so this will be my go to recipe when I make potato salad .
Apr 6, 2014
this is our favorite potato salad recipe
Feb 12, 2014
This was a good recipe, but I prefer other recipes better.
Dec 29, 2013
I used this same recipe for macaroni salad. It was wonderful! My husband loved it!
Jul 24, 2013
It's like Mom's. The only difference is that Mom put grated cheese. I added 3 or 4 oz. and it tasted like I remembered. Thanks a bunch.
Jun 8, 2013
This is good, but nothing super special
Jul 3, 2012
I found this recipe in a "Bonus Book" that came with my TOH magazine in June, 2006. I am not a potato salad fan, but my husband is. I have changed my tune, though. This recipe is AWESOME. I have made this over and over and will never make any other recipe. My friends request this potato salad for any function we attend. Thank you, Nancy, for a SUPER potato salad recipe!!
Oct 28, 2011
I liked the unique flavor from the pickles!
Aug 24, 2011
best I have ever had, added extra dill pickle used relish for convenience , my husband commented best potato salad ever