Dill Pickle Potato Salad
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + chilling Bake: 20 min. + cooling
- 3 pounds potatoes (about 8 medium)
- 6 hard-boiled large eggs, chopped
- 3 celery ribs, chopped
- 6 green onions, chopped
- 2 medium dill pickles, finely chopped
- 1-1/2 cups mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup dill pickle juice
- 4-1/2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 1 teaspoon celery seed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Leaf lettuce, optional
- Place potatoes in a Dutch oven or large kettle and cover with water; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20-30 minutes or until tender. Drain and cool.
- Peel and cube potatoes; place in a large bowl. Add the eggs, celery, onions and pickles.
- In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, pickle juice, mustard, celery seed, salt and pepper. Pour over potato mixture; mix well. Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours. Serve in a lettuce-lined bowl if desired.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 415 calories, 30g fat (5g saturated fat), 139mg cholesterol, 677mg sodium, 30g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 3g fiber), 7g protein.
Mar 16, 2018
My go to potato salad. My family says it is the BEST!!! I agree :)
Aug 20, 2015
The potato salad tasted ok but I think it was more work than what it was worth. I think store boughten potato salad has better flavor. I will probably check out another recipe in the future.
Jun 14, 2014
This is the best potato salad I ever made, and it is easy to prepare. We all love dill pickles, so this will be my go to recipe when I make potato salad .
Apr 6, 2014
this is our favorite potato salad recipe
Feb 12, 2014
This was a good recipe, but I prefer other recipes better.
Dec 29, 2013
I used this same recipe for macaroni salad. It was wonderful! My husband loved it!
Jul 24, 2013
It's like Mom's. The only difference is that Mom put grated cheese. I added 3 or 4 oz. and it tasted like I remembered. Thanks a bunch.
Jun 8, 2013
This is good, but nothing super special
Jul 3, 2012
I found this recipe in a "Bonus Book" that came with my TOH magazine in June, 2006. I am not a potato salad fan, but my husband is. I have changed my tune, though. This recipe is AWESOME. I have made this over and over and will never make any other recipe. My friends request this potato salad for any function we attend. Thank you, Nancy, for a SUPER potato salad recipe!!
Oct 28, 2011
I liked the unique flavor from the pickles!