Garden Potato Salad
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 6 large potatoes (about 3 pounds), cooked, peeled and cubed
- 4 large hard-boiled large eggs, sliced
- 2 celery ribs, sliced
- 6 green onions with tops, sliced
- 6 radishes, sliced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 3 large eggs, beaten
- 1/4 cup vinegar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup Miracle Whip
- In a large bowl, combine potatoes, eggs, celery, green onions, radishes, salt and pepper; set aside. For dressing, combine eggs, vinegar, sugar, dry mustard and salt in a saucepan. Cook and stir over medium heat until thickened. Cool. Stir in Miracle Whip; mix well. Pour over potato mixture; toss to coat. Refrigerate for several hours.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 517 calories, 27g fat (4g saturated fat), 196mg cholesterol, 675mg sodium, 58g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 5g fiber), 12g protein.
Jul 1, 2017
I too, have the original recipe. This is the only potato salad I have used for years. I do not use the radishes though and up the egg amount. The dressing is the greatest! Love, love, love this recipe! I see the updated recipe specifically calls for Miracle Whip, while the original gives the option of mayo or Miracle Whip. Does anyone know why the change?
Jun 21, 2014
I've been making this recipe for potato salad for years. I have a print copy of the original recipe. The original recipe calls for 1 cup of mayonnaise or salad dressing. I did a double-take when looking at this online and seeing 1 cup of Miracle Whip. I had to check to make sure this was the correct recipe. I have never bought Miracle Whip. Ever. This blatant product placement is annoying. And isn't how the original recipe was written. I use Hellman's mayonnaise and always achieve excellent results.
Jun 17, 2013
I've never been able to find a sauce as good as this. I've received rave reviews every time I make it. Everyone always asks me where to get the recipe.
May 28, 2012
I found this recipe years ago in an old Taste of Home magazine and will probably never make a different one. The only thing I changed is that I prefer Hellman's mayonnaise instead of Miracle Whip. In the prep of the potatoes I peel and cube BEFORE cooking because I hate handling hot potatoes. I just cover the potatoes in water, bring to a boil and then boil for about 7 or 8 minutes. You need to watch so they don't get too mushy. My whole family loves this potato salad!