Grandma’s Creamy Potato Salad
Total TimePrep: 25 min. + chilling
- 8 medium red potatoes, cubed
- 4 to 5 hard-boiled large eggs, chopped
- 1-1/2 cups mayonnaise
- 2/3 cup sour cream
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 1 teaspoon celery seed
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Place the potatoes in a saucepan and cover with water. Cover and bring to a boil; cook until tender, about 15-20 minutes. Drain and cool.
- Transfer to a large bowl; add eggs. In a small bowl, whisk the remaining ingredients. Pour over potato mixture; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 6 hours or overnight.
Nutrition Facts1/2 cup: 483 calories, 39g fat (8g saturated fat), 134mg cholesterol, 284mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 2g fiber), 6g protein.
Feb 12, 2018
love this recipe one of my favorite of all times. Go to pot luck recipe!
Aug 29, 2017
Love, love, love this recipe. This is my new favorite potato salad. I highly recommend you try this.
May 16, 2017
Made this for Mother's Day and everyone loved it, will absolutely make it again!!
Mar 31, 2017
I am craving this so much right now...LOVE THIS RECIPE
Nov 8, 2016
This is our go to for potato salad!
Mar 30, 2016
I boiled the potatoes for only 7 minutes. I also cut it in half and it works out well. If I cut it in half again, I will use 3 eggs. Next time I may add some celery and some garlic powder. It's pretty good, but I need to change it a bit to suit our tastes. I will definitely make this again :)
May 31, 2015
This is the BEST potato salad ever!
Mar 15, 2015
Mmmm - used russet potatoes, onion powder, organic mayo, skipped the sour cream, balsamic vinegar. That vinegar turned the salad a somewhat dark color but it still tasted awesome.
Jun 22, 2014
My favorite recipe I've used since it was first published back in1999. Everyone loves it. We put some crumbled crisp bacon in it too. Really good!!
Jul 24, 2013
I use this recipe whenever I make potato salad. I use regular Idaho potatoes with the skin on, and it always turns out fantastic. The key is to let it sit in the refrig so that the flavors marry. Tastes best the next day, but sometimes I just can't wait!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.