Herb-Vinaigrette Potato Salad
This is a great way to celebrate early produce from the garden. To add some more crunch, sprinkle with croutons. —Debra Keil, Owasso, Oklahoma
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Cook: 25 min.
Makes12 servings (3/4 cup each)
- 3 pounds small red potatoes, quartered
- 1 pound fresh asparagus, trimmed and cut into 2-inch pieces
- 2 cups sliced radishes
- 6 green onions, sliced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup champagne vinegar or white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- Place potatoes in a large saucepan; add water to cover. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cook, uncovered, 10-15 minutes or until tender. Remove potatoes with a slotted spoon; cool. Return water to a boil. Add asparagus; cook, uncovered, 2-3 minutes or just until crisp-tender. Remove asparagus and immediately drop into ice water. Drain and pat dry.
- Transfer potatoes and asparagus to a large bowl; add radishes, green onions and herbs. In a small bowl, whisk vinaigrette ingredients until blended. Pour over potato mixture; toss gently to coat. Serve at room temperature or chilled. Stir before serving.