Creamy Lime Potato Salad
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
Makes5 servings, 3/4 cups per serving
- 4 cups cubed red potatoes
- 1/3 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh thyme or 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lime zest
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Place potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 10-15 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Drain. Cool potatoes for 10 minutes; transfer to a large bowl.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, sour cream, lime juice, thyme, lime peel, salt and pepper. Pour over potatoes; toss gently to coat. Serve warm or chilled.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 158 calories, 6g fat (2g saturated fat), 10mg cholesterol, 376mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 2g fiber), 3g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1 fat.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Nov 17, 2011
I would make this again because it's a nice change of pace. I would put maybe a 1/4 of the Thyme called for in next time though, as I'm not a big fan of that particular flavour.
Sep 4, 2011
the taste from the limes is refreshing, but overall the salad is not memorable enough for me to make again
Aug 11, 2011
My family and I loved the light burst of flavor of this salad. A nice change from the heavy traditional potato salad with all mayonnaise. I added 1/3 c. of diced red onion and a little more salt which made it amazing. If you are one who eats the same ten meals over and over, this is probably not for you, but if you have a passion for food combinations and love to try new things, this is it.
Jul 11, 2011
Eeewww....sorry, but lime & potato just don't go together according to my taste buds. Hubby hated it too and he'll eat just about anything I serve! I did however make a fresh batch, omitted lime & thyme, using dill, finely chopped vidallia onions, s&p and we enjoyed!
Jul 8, 2011
This is great. I used True Lime instead of lime juice and it turned out great.
Jul 5, 2011
Pigletcat, did you try the recipe? I would like to know if it's good or are you just putting in a suggestion, having not tried it, which isn't really fair. Not trying to be negative, would just like a review from someone who has actually tried it.
Jul 2, 2011
Would add some red or green pepper for a little color.