Creamy Red Potato Salad
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Cook: 20 min.+ chilling
- 2-1/2 pounds small red potatoes, cut into 1/4-in. slices
- 2/3 cup canola oil
- 1/3 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2/3 cup mayonnaise
- 2/3 cup sour cream
- 2 cups sliced radishes
- 2/3 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 1/2 cup minced fresh parsley
- 4 hard-boiled large eggs, chopped
- Place potatoes in a Dutch oven; cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook potatoes for 15-18 minutes or until tender. Drain.
- Transfer potatoes to a large bowl. In a small bowl, whisk the vinaigrette ingredients. Pour over warm potatoes; gently toss to coat. Cool slightly. Cover and refrigerate until chilled.
- In a small bowl, combine mayonnaise and sour cream; stir in the radishes, onions and parsley. Add to potatoes; mix gently. Top with eggs. Chill until serving.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 330 calories, 26g fat (4g saturated fat), 84mg cholesterol, 353mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 2g fiber), 5g protein.
Jun 24, 2018
I’ve made this recipe several times and it is absolutely the best potato salad I have ever eaten!!
May 27, 2018
I’m gonna hear about it tomorrow when this comes out to play during our bbq. my husband will once again say “why do you insist on making bad potato salad recipes when yours is always the best”. I know I’ve said this before and I’ sorry but in this recipe WHY allll the oil? I dumped out soooo much oil into the sink before adding the mayo&egg mixture. this one I know is going in the ‘round file’ as well. don’t waste your time&money ...again sorry for negative review.
Jul 14, 2017
I was not a fan of this potato salad. The vinaigrette was just too much for me. I will not be making this one again.
Jun 14, 2015
Do you peel the potatoes or just cook them with the skin on?
Jul 25, 2014
Question: are you supposed to drain the excess vinaigrette from the potatoes before they are added to the salad ingredients ?
May 26, 2013
If I don't have the radishes I just add 1/2 cup finely chopped celery for crunch and keep going. We think this is the best potato salad recipe we have and I make it often.
Jun 27, 2012
This is the MOST delicious potato salad I have ever made. My family loved it and there were no leftovers.
Jun 17, 2012
this is by far my family's FAVORITE potato salad recipe. love love love! comes out perfect every time. stays very well in an airtight container in the fridge too.
Jun 11, 2012
May 29, 2012
Made this for family over Memorial Day weekend and all the adults enjoyed it! I did omit the radishes as we are not fans of those.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.