Backyard Red Potato Salad
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Grill: 10 min.
- 2-1/2 pounds small red potatoes
- 1 medium onion, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1/2 cup olive oil, divided
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup minced fresh tarragon
- Place potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 10 minutes. Drain; cool slightly. Cut each in half.
- In a large bowl, combine the potatoes, onion, 1/4 cup oil, 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper; toss to coat. Arrange vegetables, cut side down, on a grilling grid; place on a grill rack. Grill, covered, over medium heat for 8-10 minutes or until vegetables are tender and lightly browned, turning occasionally. Chop onion. Place onion and potatoes in bowl.
- In a small bowl, whisk the vinegar, lemon juice, mustard, sugar, garlic and remaining oil, salt and pepper. Add to potato mixture; toss to coat. Sprinkle with tarragon. Serve warm or at room temperature. Refrigerate leftovers.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 215 calories, 12g fat (2g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 312mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 3g fiber), 3g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 fat, 1-1/2 starch.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jul 23, 2018
I forgot to add the tarragon and it was still delicious!
Nov 20, 2017
These were so flavorful & such a great new twist on basic red potatoes. The addition of the Dijon just makes this dish what it is!
Jul 13, 2015
Delicious potatoes. Awesome flavor...
Sep 1, 2013
Tasty! Easy to prepare and have ready to finish on the bbq
Sep 1, 2013
Feb 22, 2013
This is the best potato side dish ever! I cut the recipe in half...that was a big mistake! I was upset there were not leftovers. I didn't have fresh tarragon, so I used 1 tsp of dried to start out trying since tarragon can be a strong flavor. Next time I'll used the full 2 tsps of dried. I'll be making again in the very near future.
Jul 10, 2012
Soooo good! I did not have any tarragon, so I left that out. I have made it twice this way and loved it both times, so perhaps next time I'll make sure to actually buy some tarragon!
Aug 7, 2011
FANTASTIC! I hate mayo so most potato salad recipes are out (and have limited shelf life outside). I took this to a pig roast and by the time I got to it, it was almost gone! I will make again... I think next time I will add red peppers as well (they would be great in this marinade). Yummy!
Jul 13, 2011
My family loved this recipe! I have made it three times so far this summer...definitely a keeper!
Jul 13, 2011
Left out the tarragon because I didn't have any. Great recipe! Loved the flavors!