Red Grape Salad
My mother-in-law shared this recipe with me 40 years ago. She served this salad at all holiday meals, and the tradition has continued in our family. Preparation is so much easier today, thanks to red grapes without seeds! Another "updated" shortcut in the preparation is miniature marshmallows...cooks from the good old days know what "sticky fun" it was to snip regular-sized marshmallows!
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 can (20 ounces) pineapple tidbits
- 6 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 3 cups miniature marshmallows
- 2 cups seedless red grapes, halved
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped
- Drain the pineapple, reserving 2 tablespoons juice; set pineapple aside. In a bowl, beat juice, cream cheese and mayonnaise until fluffy. Stir in pineapple, marshmallows and grapes. Fold in whipped cream. Serve immediately or refrigerate.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 193 calories, 12g fat (6g saturated fat), 36mg cholesterol, 48mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (18g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Originally published as Red Grape Salad in Reminisce Extra October 1993
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.