Red, White & Blue Potato Salad
Total TimePrep: 40 min. Cook: 10 min.
Makes12 servings (1 cup each)
- 1-1/4 pounds small purple potatoes (about 11), quartered
- 1 pound small Yukon Gold potatoes (about 9), quartered
- 1 pound small red potatoes (about 9), quartered
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 1/4 cup white wine or additional chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons sherry vinegar
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1-1/2 teaspoons stone-ground mustard
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 celery ribs, chopped
- 8 green onions, chopped
- 1 small sweet red pepper, chopped
- 3/4 pound bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 3 tablespoons each minced fresh basil, dill and parsley
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame seeds
- Place all potatoes in a Dutch oven; add water to cover. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cook, uncovered, 10-15 minutes or until tender. Drain; transfer to a large bowl. Drizzle potatoes with stock and wine; toss gently, allowing liquids to absorb.
- In a small bowl, whisk vinegars, mustards, salt and pepper. Gradually whisk in oil until blended. Add vinaigrette, vegetables, bacon and herbs to potato mixture; toss to combine. Sprinkle with sesame seeds. Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 221 calories, 12g fat (2g saturated fat), 10mg cholesterol, 405mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 3g fiber), 7g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 fat, 1-1/2 starch.
Jun 23, 2019
Tastes Great! Shared with my church group!!
Jun 9, 2014
This is an interesting variation on potato salad. Everyone really liked it, especially the guys (it must be the bacon). I followed the recipe exactly except for two things: added some sugar( about 1 tsp) to the mustard vinaigrette as it was pretty "tart" and reduced the amount of dill (to 1 Tbsp). Some family members don't care for dill. Interestingly, they didn't seem to notice there was ANY dill in it. Unusual and tasty salad. Won't add sesame seeds next time--didn't really add to the flavor.