Red, White and Blue Summer Salad
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 2/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup julienned fresh basil
- 1/3 cup white balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup julienned fresh mint leaves
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes
- 8 cups fresh arugula
- 1 carton (8 ounces) fresh mozzarella cheese pearls, drained
- 2 medium peaches, sliced
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- 6 ounces thinly sliced prosciutto, julienned
- In a small bowl, whisk the first 9 ingredients. Add tomatoes; let stand while preparing salad.
- In a large bowl, combine arugula, mozzarella, peach slices, blueberries and prosciutto. Pour tomato mixture over top; toss to coat. Garnish with additional mint leaves. Serve immediately.
Test Kitchen tips
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 233 calories, 18g fat (5g saturated fat), 27mg cholesterol, 486mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 2g fiber), 8g protein.
Aug 5, 2019
My favorite part was the little mozzarella balls together with the peaches and tomatoes. It's a delicious salad, but as a word of warning, the prosciutto only kept well in the fridge with the rest of the dressed salad for about two days. If you aren't planning to eat it quickly, you may want to add the prosciutto as you eat it.
Jun 6, 2019
Jun 5, 2019
peaches tomatoes and blueberries would never have thought of that - delicious
Jun 4, 2019
Jun 4, 2019