Red, White and Blue Summer Salad
Caprese and fresh fruit always remind me of summer. In this salad, I combine traditional Caprese flavors with summer blueberries, peaches and added prosciutto for saltiness, creating a balanced and flavor-packed popular side dish. —Emily Falke, Santa Barbara, California
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 2/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup julienned fresh basil
- 1/3 cup white balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup julienned fresh mint leaves
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes
- 8 cups fresh arugula
- 1 carton (8 ounces) fresh mozzarella cheese pearls, drained
- 2 medium peaches, sliced
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- 6 ounces thinly sliced prosciutto, julienned
- In a small bowl, whisk the first 9 ingredients. Add tomatoes; let stand while preparing salad.
- In a large bowl, combine arugula, mozzarella, peach slices, blueberries, and prosciutto. Pour tomato mixture over top; toss to coat. Garnish with additional mint leaves. Serve immediately.
Test Kitchen tips
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 233 calories, 18g fat (5g saturated fat), 27mg cholesterol, 486mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 2g fiber), 8g protein.
Originally published as Red White and Blue Summer Salad in Simple & Delicious June/July 2019
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.