Summer Splash Chicken Salad
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- 4-1/2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lime zest
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken breast
- 1 cup green grapes, halved
- 1 cup chopped peeled mango
- 1 cup chopped seedless watermelon
- 4 cups torn Bibb or Boston lettuce
- 1/4 cup chopped pistachios, toasted
- In a bowl, mix the first five ingredients until blended. Add chicken, grapes, mango and watermelon; toss gently to combine.
- Divide lettuce among four plates; top with chicken mixture. Sprinkle with pistachios.
Editor's NoteTo toast nuts, bake in a shallow pan in a 350° oven for 5-10 minutes or cook in a skillet over low heat until lightly browned, stirring occasionally.
Nutrition Facts1 cup chicken mixture with 1 cup lettuce and 1 tablespoon pistachios: 262 calories, 7g fat (2g saturated fat), 58mg cholesterol, 249mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (22g sugars, 3g fiber), 24g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 vegetable, 1 fruit, 1 fat, 1/2 starch.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jun 11, 2018
This may just be the best salad I have ever had. I am not a huge salad lover, and I devoured this. I love the combination of the chicken, with the juiciness of the fruit, the creaminess of the balanced dressing, and the crunch from the nuts! The only change I made was using cantaloupe because I’m not a fan of mango, and cashews instead of pistachio because I had them on hand. I cannot recommend this enough!