Summer Spinach Salad
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 teaspoons poppy seeds
- 8 cups torn fresh spinach
- 3 green onions, sliced
- 2 pints fresh strawberries, sliced
- 3 large ripe bananas, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- In a blender, combine the first six ingredients. Cover and process until the sugar is dissolved. Add the poppy seeds; process just until blended.
- In a salad bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. Drizzle with dressing; toss to coat.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 149 calories, 10g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 99mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 3g fiber), 2g protein.
Sep 6, 2015
This review is for the dressing only - I used a different combo for the salad. I was looking for an alternate to our favorite dressing. This one is very tasty, easy, and a hit with our family. Sorta sweet, sorta tangy - very good - likely my new favorite!
Jun 10, 2015
Do wait until strawberries are at their best in the summer so no extra sweetening is necessary. Delightfully different to be sure and very nutritious! Some young children may not go for this, however, but they often don't like any kind of salad anyway. Would be a super offering at a potluck!
Jul 22, 2013
This salad is so easy and delicious. It has a great variety of textures, from the spinach to the bananas to the almonds. And I love the sweet and tangy dressing!
May 26, 2011
easy & delicious
Mar 11, 2009
Delicious! So easy, yet unique and very pleasing to the palate.~ Theresa
Apr 28, 2008
Fresh-tasting and delicious! Everyone at our barbecue enjoyed the combination of flavors.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.