Chicken Strawberry Salad
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 cup red wine vinegar
- 4 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 8 cups torn mixed salad greens
- 1 pint fresh strawberries, sliced
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- Additional whole strawberries, optional
- In a small bowl, combine the dressing ingredients. In a large skillet, cook and stir chicken in oil and butter until no longer pink. Add 1/2 cup salad dressing; cook 1 minute longer.
- Place the salad greens in a serving bowl. Top with chicken, sliced strawberries and walnuts. Garnish with whole strawberries if desired. Serving immediately with remaining dressing.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 389 calories, 12g fat (2g saturated fat), 65mg cholesterol, 549mg sodium, 47g carbohydrate (37g sugars, 5g fiber), 28g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Mar 13, 2010
Jun 1, 2009
Wonderful salad! Has a sweet and tangy flavor with the honey and vinegar dressing:)
Apr 1, 2008
This recipe is so wonderful! I made it for a family lunch, everyone loved it! I didn't have the walnuts, so I used pecans, but I will try it with walnuts soon.