Crunchy Romaine Strawberry Salad
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 package (3 ounces) ramen noodles
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon soy sauce
- 8 cups torn romaine
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 2 cups fresh strawberries, sliced
- Discard seasoning packet from ramen noodles or save for another use. Break noodles into small pieces. In a large skillet, cook noodles and walnuts in butter over medium heat for 8-10 minutes or until golden; cool.
- For dressing, in a small bowl, whisk the sugar, oil, vinegar and soy sauce. Just before serving combine the romaine, onions, strawberries and noodle mixture in a large bowl. Drizzle with dressing and toss gently.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 200 calories, 16g fat (4g saturated fat), 10mg cholesterol, 81mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 2g fiber), 4g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Sep 18, 2017
Nice summer-tasting salad. I left off the walnuts but otherwise made as-is.
May 8, 2017
This was fabulous! Super easy to make and very refreshing. My whole family enjoyed the blend of flavors, including my two teenage boys who aren't big salad fans!
Mar 14, 2017
I have made a salad similar to this without the Ramen noodles ... This just kicked it up a notch!
Jul 26, 2014
Made this for my brother's graduation party & was surprised by how many people asked for the recipe - over half a dozen! Thanks for making me look like a super star ;)
Apr 27, 2014
This was very tasty. Didn't change it at all. My family's only complaint was that there wasn't more! I guess I will have to double it next time.
Apr 22, 2014
This salad was really good, but I have to admit that I changed the dressing a little bit, because 1/4 cup sugar is WAY too much for European palates. I only used 2 Tbsp of sugar, and added mustard powder and parsley for a bit of flavour, it was kind of bland without it.
Jul 11, 2013
I've made this recipe numerous for family and friends, and everyone always enjoys it! It's also delicious when Napa cabbage is substituted for the romaine.
Jul 25, 2012
This salad is delicious and the crunchy topping really adds something extra. I will definitely make this again.
Jul 4, 2012
Jun 15, 2012
This is an excellent recipe. I halved it for 3 people. It is great!