Garden Chicken Salad
Leftover chicken finds a delicious place in this refreshing salad. “The first time I served this to my in-laws, my father-in-law teased me about becoming a gourmet cook,” Polly Thayer recalls from Sunbury, Pennsylvania.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 package (10 ounces) fresh baby spinach
- 2-1/2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 2 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 2 medium tomatoes, cut into thin wedges
- 1 cup chopped seeded peeled cucumber
- 1 cup fresh snow peas
- 1/3 cup chopped red onion
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup plain yogurt
- 2 teaspoons dill weed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- In a large salad bowl, combine the spinach, chicken, broccoli, tomatoes, cucumber, snow peas and onion. In a small bowl, whisk the dressing ingredients. Pour over salad; toss to coat.
Nutrition Facts1-1/2 cups: 130 calories, 4g fat (1g saturated fat), 40mg cholesterol, 235mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 3g fiber), 16g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 lean meat, 2 vegetable.
Originally published as Garden Chicken Salad in Simple & Delicious May/June 2006
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.