Chicken Garden Medley
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 cup butter, divided
- 1 small yellow squash, halved lengthwise and sliced
- 1 small zucchini, halved lengthwise and sliced
- 1/2 cup julienned sweet red pepper
- 1/2 cup julienned green pepper
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced onion
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup half-and-half cream
- 8 ounces angel hair pasta, cooked and drained
- 2 tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese
- In a large skillet, saute chicken and garlic in 2 tablespoons butter for 10-12 minutes or until chicken juices run clear. Add vegetables. Cook until crisp-tender; remove from skillet and set aside.
- In the same skillet, melt remaining butter. Add flour, salt and pepper; stir to form a smooth paste. Gradually add broth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in cream and heat through. Add chicken and vegetables; stir until well mixed.
- Place pasta in a greased 2-qt. baking dish. Pour chicken mixture over top. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Cover and bake at 350° for 15 minutes; uncover and bake 5 minutes longer.
Nutrition Facts1-1/2 cups: 404 calories, 19g fat (11g saturated fat), 111mg cholesterol, 690mg sodium, 26g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 2g fiber), 30g protein.
Jul 19, 2018
Can this recipe be double.
Jan 4, 2015
Loved this! Made as written but could easily use many other variations of veggies, herbs and spices. Thanks for sharing the recipe! It's great!
Oct 12, 2014
Great family food. My youngest son especially liked it very much, saying: "This is the kind of simple food I want!" I didn't saute the veggies, however, but just added them with the sauce, since peppers and squash get soggy very easily, and I didn't use angel hair as it clumps a lot and I find it hard to work with. Will definitely be making this again.
Sep 15, 2013
Great dish!! I'm thinking of marinating the chicken to give it more flavor.
Jun 2, 2012
Followed the recipe to a "T"......fabulous! Next time I may add fresh mushrooms and a little fresh basil!!
Mar 22, 2012
also used whole mike instead of the half/half.
Mar 22, 2012
Will make this again with the changes I made. Added shredded carrots for the green peppers and made Lundberg's wild rice blend since we try to avoid pasta when we can. I used 2 minced garlic and a generous amount of parmesan cheese. Loved by all!
Jun 24, 2011
This was delicious! I had some fresh herbs accessible from my garden so I added some fresh basil and oregano to the cream sauce and it was great, but I think it would have been good with or without the herbs.
Jun 4, 2011
Used linguine & turned out yummy!~ Theresa
Oct 12, 2008
This tasted like really good "restaurant food!" Will definitely make again, we all loved it just as written.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.