Chicken Garden Medley
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 cup butter, divided
- 1 small yellow squash, halved lengthwise and sliced
- 1 small zucchini, halved lengthwise and sliced
- 1/2 cup julienned sweet red pepper
- 1/2 cup julienned green pepper
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced onion
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup half-and-half cream
- 8 ounces angel hair pasta, cooked and drained
- 2 tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese
- In a large skillet, saute chicken and garlic in 2 tablespoons butter for 10-12 minutes or until chicken juices run clear. Add vegetables. Cook until crisp-tender; remove from skillet and set aside.
- In the same skillet, melt remaining butter. Add flour, salt and pepper; stir to form a smooth paste. Gradually add broth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in cream and heat through. Add chicken and vegetables; stir until well mixed.
- Place pasta in a greased 2-qt. baking dish. Pour chicken mixture over top. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Cover and bake at 350° for 15 minutes; uncover and bake 5 minutes longer.
Nutrition Facts1-1/2 cups: 404 calories, 19g fat (11g saturated fat), 111mg cholesterol, 690mg sodium, 26g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 2g fiber), 30g protein.
Jan 6, 2020
My family really enjoyed this. I made a few small changes including tossing the chciken strips in a combination of Italian seasoning and garlic powder before sauteeing. I also sprinkled on a bit of 6 cheese Italian blend cheese before baking. In the future I will toss the sauce mixture with the pasta and skip the oven. It seems unnecessary and might even dry out the dish. I look forward to making this again soon!
Nov 14, 2019
I added a Tablespoon of Herbs De Provence to the sauce for more flavor, and used the fresh asparagus I had available instead of squash. I'll definitely make this again.
Oct 14, 2019
Very tasty and family loved it. I was looking for a recipe that used a bunch of veggies because we had on hand that needed to eaten. So I used mushrooms, cauliflower, carrots (julienned), onion, and squash and it turned out great. I also used linguini and added some oregano and basil.
Jan 21, 2019
Excellent recipe! Very easy! I made it exactly as written; will definitely add mushrooms, basil and oregano next time and I’ll use thin spaghetti or linguine instead of the angel hair pasta. My pasta was sticky and clumpy underneath the chicken/veggie mixture; maybe mixing it all together before baking would’ve helped. Can’t wait to try it again!
Jan 7, 2019
A family favorite plus a great way to get in veggies! This made it into the recipe book.
Dec 13, 2018
Absolutely loved this recipe! I've made it as directed with pasta and also have subbed cauliflower rice for the pasta. It was just as good!
Oct 1, 2018
This is delicious. It was easy to make and just the right balance of pasta, veggies, and chicken.
Sep 29, 2018
I made this recipe as is and it was great, my family loved it.
Jul 19, 2018
Can this recipe be double.
Jan 4, 2015
Loved this! Made as written but could easily use many other variations of veggies, herbs and spices. Thanks for sharing the recipe! It's great!