Vegetable Salad Medley
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 1 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups frozen French-style green beans, thawed and drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) garbanzo beans or chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1-1/2 cups frozen peas, thawed and drained
- 1-1/2 cups frozen corn, thawed and drained
- 1 cup each chopped celery, red onion and sweet red pepper
- 1 cup fresh cauliflowerets
- 2 cans (2-1/4 ounces each) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1 jar (4 ounces) diced pimientos, drained
- In a small saucepan, bring the sugar, vinegar, oil, salt and pepper to a boil. In a large bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. Add sugar mixture and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for several hours or overnight, stirring occasionally. Serve with a slotted spoon.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 208 calories, 9g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 278mg sodium, 30g carbohydrate (18g sugars, 4g fiber), 3g protein.
Feb 2, 2016
This is my favorite go-to recipe for potlucks. It's easy to make and the recipe makes a lot. I always take the recipe with me when I take this somewhere because people always ask me for it.
Aug 28, 2012
My new favorite salad! I added quite a bit more cauliflower than the recipe called for & still had a lot of liquid left over.
Feb 5, 2009
I got rave reviews for this recipe from family and friends. The sauce is amazing. The whole salad is excellent.
Jul 10, 2008
Yum! I made this for church potluck and it was the first dish gone. Easy to make and transport. Also easy to double for the next picnic! I've shared the recipe with several people already.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.