Grilled Vegetable Medley
Susan Hase of Larsen, Wisconsin shares a hearty potato dish that's her no-fuss favorite. And because everything is wrapped in foil and cooked on the grill cleanup in a snap.
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Grill: 40 min.
- 12 small red potatoes, halved
- 1 medium sweet potato, peeled and cut into chunks
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted, divided
- 4 to 6 garlic cloves, minced, divided
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley, divided
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning, divided
- 3/4 pound whole fresh mushrooms
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 1 medium green pepper, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 small zucchini, cut into chunks
- 1 medium yellow summer squash, cut into chunks
- 1 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese or shredded Swiss cheese
- Sour cream, optional
- Place potatoes and sweet potato on an 18x15-in. piece of heavy-duty foil. Drizzle with half of the garlic, parsley, salt and lemon-pepper. Seal packet tightly. Grill, covered, over indirect medium-hot heat for 20 minutes on each side.
- Meanwhile, place mushrooms, onion, green pepper, zucchini and summer squash on a 20x18-in. piece of heavy-duty foil. Drizzle with remaining butter; sprinkle with remaining seasonings. Seal packet tightly. Grill, covered, over medium-hot heat for 10 minutes on each side or until the vegetables are crisp-tender.
- Combine the contents of both packets in a serving bowl; sprinkle with cheese. Serve with sour cream if desired.
Originally published as Grilled Vegetable Medley in Quick Cooking September/October 2001
Jun 26, 2011
I love veggies like this! I don't like green bell pepper so, I cleaned and halved Brussel Sprouts and continued with recipe. Came out great! For those of you who don't like Brussel Sprouts, try them roasted, much better!