Colorful Vegetable Medley Side Dish
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon plus 1 tablespoon olive oil, divided
- 2 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 2 medium carrots thinly sliced
- 1 large onion, sliced and quartered
- 1 cup sliced celery
- 2 medium zucchini, halved lengthwise and thinly sliced
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 cups thinly sliced cabbage
- In a small saucepan, heat bouillon and water for 1 minute; stir well. Stir in the salt, garlic powder, pepper and 1 teaspoon oil.
- In a large nonstick skillet or wok, stir-fry the broccoli, carrots, onion and celery in remaining oil for 2-3 minutes. Add the bouillon mixture; cook and stir for 3 minutes. Add zucchini and red pepper; stir-fry for 3 minutes. Add mushrooms and cabbage; stir-fry 1-2 minutes longer or until crisp-tender.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 67 calories, 3g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 473mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 3g fiber), 3g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 vegetable, 1/2 fat.
Jan 14, 2015
Didn't think it would be as flavored as it was, DELICIOUS!!
Aug 14, 2014
Really good! I've made this many times. My husband requested I make this for guests coming tomorrow. I also have made substitutions; most any vegetable suitable for stir frying would taste good.
Nov 12, 2010
This is really, really good! I think it lends itself well to substitutions--I nixed the cabbage since I didn't want to make a special trip to the store; it was still VERY tasty.
Apr 4, 2010
Quick and so easy to make and it tastes good too! I subbed cauliflower for the cabbage. I made this as a side dish for a dinner. Everyone loved it. Next day for lunch tossed some of the leftover veggies with some diced chicken breast. Very good.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.