Colorful Vegetable Medley Side Dish
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon plus 1 tablespoon olive oil, divided
- 2 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 2 medium carrots thinly sliced
- 1 large onion, sliced and quartered
- 1 cup sliced celery
- 2 medium zucchini, halved lengthwise and thinly sliced
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 cups thinly sliced cabbage
- In a small saucepan, heat bouillon and water for 1 minute; stir well. Stir in the salt, garlic powder, pepper and 1 teaspoon oil.
- In a large nonstick skillet or wok, stir-fry the broccoli, carrots, onion and celery in remaining oil for 2-3 minutes. Add the bouillon mixture; cook and stir for 3 minutes. Add zucchini and red pepper; stir-fry for 3 minutes. Add mushrooms and cabbage; stir-fry 1-2 minutes longer or until crisp-tender.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 67 calories, 3g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 473mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 3g fiber), 3g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 vegetable, 1/2 fat.
Jan 14, 2015
Didn't think it would be as flavored as it was, DELICIOUS!!
Aug 14, 2014
Really good! I've made this many times. My husband requested I make this for guests coming tomorrow. I also have made substitutions; most any vegetable suitable for stir frying would taste good.
Nov 12, 2010
This is really, really good! I think it lends itself well to substitutions--I nixed the cabbage since I didn't want to make a special trip to the store; it was still VERY tasty.
Apr 4, 2010
Quick and so easy to make and it tastes good too! I subbed cauliflower for the cabbage. I made this as a side dish for a dinner. Everyone loved it. Next day for lunch tossed some of the leftover veggies with some diced chicken breast. Very good.